Your safe ski & winter holiday in times of Corona
Your safety on holiday in Obertauern ist very important to us
In order to make your well-deserved winter holiday with us at the hotel as carefree as possible, we have made some arrangements for you. We want our guests to have a relaxing holiday by far and we implement security measures in the hotel, which we adapt to the official recommendations given by the authorities. In order to guarantee the safety of our staff and guests, we also ask for your active assistance in everyday holiday life.
If there is an official travel warning for our town in the booked holiday period (proof required) or if we are not allowed to open the hotel for the booked period, we will cancel free of charge. In this case we will transfer the deposit back on request or carry it over to winter 2021/2022. We still recommend taking out travel insurance.
Because your safety on holiday is important to us!
Our cleaning & disinfection plan has been coordinated on the basis of the current hygiene guidelines of the Austrian Hotel Association.
Disinfectant dispensers are distributed throughout the hotel in sensible places
The cleaning intervals are increased
All rooms are regularly disinfected and ventilated
Door handles are regularly additionally disinfected
Ventilation systems are tested and technically state-of-the-art
Check-in / Reception
We try to schedule the check-in and check-out well and ask the departing guests to pay the bills the evening before.
For a quick and comfortable check-in, we ask you to send us your data (name, address, identification data, mobile phone number and, if you are arriving by car, the number plate of your car) for the guest registration before your arrival.
In order to avoid rush hours, we extend breakfast for you from 7:30 to 10:30 instead of 8:00 to 10:00.
The sauna is at your unlimited disposal. Please keep a minimum distance from your fellow human beings.
Mouth and nose protection
We, the Hotel Lungau team, wear a mouth and nose protector and regularly undergo Covid-19 testing.
Ski huts and mountain gastronomy
- Après-Ski as usual will not be offered this year, but you don’t have to do without a good drink at the end of a great skiing day
- All cabins are open as usual
- Consumption of food and drinks is only allowed indoors and outdoors on one seat
- Reserve your table in advance to minimise waiting times
- A minimum distance of one metre to people outside your own visitor group is recommended
- All cableways are in operation without restrictions
- Every guest receives a free tubular scarf/bandana when buying a ski pass – as mouth-nose protection
- Wearing a mouth-and-nose protector / bandana is mandatory during the lift ride
- Obertauern offers skiing pleasure almost without gondola lifts, but almost exclusively with open-air chair lifts
10 access points and 26 lifts across the entire region guarantee a relaxed lift ride at any time of day
100 km of slopes and a lot of open terrain guarantee enough space for winter sportsmen of all levels and abilities
- The long winter season from November to May offers enough possibilities to avoid the main season
Ski and snowboard schools
The ski & snowboard schools in Obertauern offer a simple but extremely convenient handling of all procedures and have also created an extraordinary offer for your skiing pleasure.
- All meeting points, procedures and other activities on site take place outdoors
- All offers can be booked online and all information is also available by telephone
Ski courses can be cancelled free of charge in case of “no arrival” (the cancellation confirmation of the accommodation serves as proof)
- Naturally, all hygiene measures with regard to offices and staff are strictly observed and controlled
- Group courses are limited to a maximum of 10 participants
New in 2020 /2021: Book your private ski instructor for the whole family, who is exclusively available for you for up to 3 days No matter which member of the family needs help to improve their skills – you can discuss all requirements individually with your ski instructor. Whether teaching beginners to ski, taking the kids to the next level, perfecting the carving swing or finally learning to ski in deep powder snow: with your private instructor all this is possible!